Friday, July 29, 2011

Song of the Day: Hello There - The Freshmen


I can guarantee that you've never heard of the Freshmen before. However, you should, as the hip-hop/pop group delivers an amazing song in "Hello There". Why? Read on to hear the song!



"Hello There" was an incredible surprise to me when I first heard it. Part of it could be that I myself had never even heard of the Freshmen before earlier today. However, when this song burst onto the radio, I had to do some research to figure out just who made this masterpiece.

Everything about this song is musically wonderful. The lyrics actually follow a story, which brings life to what could have been general "hit 'em up" slop. The chorus (although not directly involving the story) is short and sweet, and is incredibly easy and fun to remember. The song also contains funky beats that you couldn't find anywhere else on mainstream radio that give it a fun, special quality.

The bottom line is that this should have been a hit the day it came out. It definitely would have been, if it came from the camps of Chiddy Bang or New Boyz. I would give this a perfect score, but I've never gotten myself to truly love rapping in a track...

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment