Thursday, July 28, 2011

Project: Mobius' Favorite Songs: Penguin - Avicii


Leona Lewis' "Collide" has been thrown a lot of crap over the past couple of weeks, mainly due to the fact that she sampled Avicii's "Penguin" on the track without his permission. What do I think? Honestly, I don't care - if it weren't for things like this happening, these artists would never earn their chance in the limelight. Avicii (otherwise known as Tim Berg) deserves to be recognized as a great music producer, which is why I'm showcasing his masterpiece here this week.



"Penguin" has one of the best melodies I've ever heard in my life. With a fun, positive vibe, the melody is able to convey everything that you possibly could from one word. While listening to this track, I often found myself thinking about penguins - as crazy as that sounds - and their undeniable awesomeness.

However, I do have one question for you: How did Leona Lewis' writing team turn such a great piece of musical design into a dull, boring dance/pop mix that doesn't even sound catchy for mainstream music?

No comments:

Post a Comment