Sunday, August 21, 2011

Song of the Day: Domino - Jessie J


Can you believe it? It seems that the normally strong, independent Jessie J has caught a taste of the American limelight and wants more, and has worked with Dr. Luke again on a new track, "Domino". However, is the song strong enough to become just as popular as it seems it should? Read on to find out!



I've been in love with Jessie J for quite a while now. I've watched every episode of Dare Jessie J, and her bold live voice from "Momma's Boy" on her YouTube page has never left me. However, dare I say that "Domino" lacks any of the qualities that Jessie J normally has? Her powerful, independent personality isn't evident on the track at all, and Jessie J can often be mistaken for Katy Perry or other artists in multiple parts of the song.

With that being said, however, "Domino" was cleverly written. It's a solid, conventional pop song that is fun to sing to and fun to listen to. Nearly every respect of this song directly takes from "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", and I honestly wouldn't care if I wasn't such a big fan of Jessie J.

I'm a little upset at Jessie J's most recent single. Of course, I'm happy that this song should make her popular, but I'm not sure that you should throw away yourself for fame. Remember, Jessie, "Just be true to who you are!"

Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. When I reviewed Jessie J's album back in March I said I thought she a was a lot like Katy Perry, and I agree that this is getting her even closer to that. Like everything else Jessie J has done, this is good, but not a knockout. When will this be released?

    ReplyDelete