The title really says it all. I already thought this song was going to become a #1 hit, but now "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) is destined for eternal stardom after one of the best music videos ever created, capitalizing on the craziest things in pop culture from now and in the past!
This is the best (and likely most expensive) music video made so far this year, outdoing the music video for Lady Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" in almost every way possible. That includes actually having a cast, starring:
- Rebecca Black: Yep, she's back! Known for being the only person crazy enough to agree to sing "Friday", Rebecca stars in "T.G.I.F." as
Katy PerryKathy Beth Terry's best friend, throwing a crazy party that is, almost literally, out of this world!
- Glee Stars: If you don't live under a rock, you've heard of Glee. The true high school musical features Kevin McHale (Arty) and Darren Criss (Blaine) star in "T.G.I.F". While Darren doesn't have a major role, Kevin poses as the only guy with a crush on Kathy, and beats up the school jock after he grabs her butt!
- Kenny G: Ready for true randomness? Kenny G, or "Uncle Kenny", actually plays the saxophone on the roof of the house where the party is being held, eventually ending up carted away in a crowd to the couch. Did you hear that, "The Edge of Glory" producer?
- Hanson: Speaking of child stars and retro flashbacks, let's welcome kid idols Hanson to the party! They rocked out as the official party band.
- Cory Feldman and Debbie Gibson: These one-time partiers star as Kathy's parents, who, ironically, "invented" Fridays. Feldman was a teenage star who was married to his wife by a rabbi and M.C. Hammer. Gibson is a former music star, whose fans refer to themselves as "D.G.I.F".
If you somehow haven't seen the video yet, I would recommend to you to watch it 10 times over! You'll notice something different every time you see the video, and I would say that it's even better than Perry's "California Gurls" video!